If you have any cavities, our fantastic team of dentists at Chris E. Lindsey DDS is here to save your smile and return your teeth to their former glory. No matter the severity of your cavity, thanks to the professional care by our dentists, we can fix it.
Our two most popular fillings are dental amalgams and composite fillings, each of which has their own set of benefits:
Advantages of composites:
– Composite fillings can be customized to match the color of a tooth.
– Some cavities are too small to be effectively fixed with amalgams. Composites can go closer and deeper to fill these cavities.
– If a composite filling needs to be repaired, the original filling does not need to be removed.
– Composite fillings contain no mercury, which some individuals may be allergic to.
– Composite fillings are extremely durable and can prevent tooth fracture.
Advantages of amalgams:
– Dental amalgams have been shown to be more effective and last longer in larger cavities compared to composite fillings.
– Dental amalgams take far less time to place in the dentist’s office.
– Dental amalgams have been around for over 150 years in America with a proven record of long-term success and quality.
Chris E. Lindsey DDS wants to make your dental fillings as successful and timely as we can. You are welcome to schedule a visit to our office in Palo Alto, California. For more information about which service suits you best, please book an oral exam with Dr. Chris Lindsey by calling our office at 650-327-3770. We look forward to fighting cavities for you!