Have you ever asked yourself what steps are the most important to ensure you’re at optimum oral health? For each person, it can differ drastically, but there are a few key points that time and again can save a smile. This includes brushing your teeth twice daily and flossing once daily, as well as consistent trips to your dentist for checkups and cleanings. For a better understanding of the basics of oral health care, listed below are principles you should consider:
– Do you make sure to use the proper habits when brushing and flossing daily?
– Are you staying away from snacks that can easily chip and crack your teeth, such as hard candies, as well as habits that can damage your teeth, such as mouth jewelry?
– Do you do your best to avoid cavity-causing products such as sodas and sugary sweets?
– Have you always used oral health care products that have been recommended or approved by your dentist or feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance given out by the American Dental Association?
– Are you always keeping your toothbrush in a safe space that is free from contamination?
– Are you actively present at your regular checkups and professional cleanings with your dentist?
If you are looking to restore your teeth and gums, or enhance your smile further, contact Dr. Chris Lindsey and our team at Chris E. Lindsey DDS. We can be reached by calling us at 650-327-3770 to book a reservation to see us at our office in Palo Alto, California. We look forward to seeing you soon!