Did you know that diabetes can radically change your dental health, both now and in the future? For a better understanding of the facts of diabetes and its effect on your oral health, here are some important facts:
– Diabetes can generate a delayed recovery time with any oral ailments you may suffer.
– Nearly 10% of the US population has diabetes. Therefore, dentists are trained to help those with diabetes with the oral hygiene and can treat diabetes related oral health problems.
– Regular dental visits and an excellent oral hygiene routine will improve the quality of your oral health.
– Infections such as gum disease can increase your blood sugar, which in turn makes diabetes more difficult to handle.
– Diabetes can mean you will have less saliva, or that you will experience chronic dry mouth which can increase your risk for tooth decay and gum disease.
Want to know more about what you can do to fight the oral health problems that may result from your diabetes? Dr. Chris Lindsey and our team at Chris E. Lindsey DDS can help. Please call 650-327-3770 to set up a visit to our dentist office in Palo Alto, California. With the help of our team, the pathway to a better smile can be yours.